Resources and Products
Explore topics by clicking on one of the bubbles below.
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Candida auris (C.auris)
- Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE)
- Clostridioides difficile (C.diff)
- Data Management
- Dialysis Settings
- Drug Diversion
- Epidemic Keratoconjunctivitis (EKC)
- Medical Products
- Nontuberculous Mycobacteria (NTM)
- Patient Notification
- Spotlight Series
Featured toolkits for HAI outbreak investigations include:
- CDC’s Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) Outbreak Investigation Toolkit, which includes an instructional video and a sample chart abstraction form
- CDC’s Field Epidemiology Manual: Healthcare Settings
- CDC's Patient Notification Toolkit provides guidance to health departments and healthcare facilities for conducting a patient notification following identification of an infection control lapse or disease transmission
- CSTE Drug Diversion Toolkit provides useful background and guidance for investigating infections (such as HCV), stemming from drug diversion activities that involved healthcare providers who tampered with injectable drugs
- CDC's LTC Toolkit (login required) is a resource for HAI/AR staff and partners to conduct rapid outreach to nursing homes and provide technical assistance as needed. The content may also be relevant for other LTC settings including assisted living facilities. The toolkit contains information about IPC practices, assessment tools, sample communications, and links to additional online content. The COVID-19 specific IPC assessment can be done in-person, remotely (via phone or video conference) or as a facility self-assessment.
- CDC's Tele-ICAR Toolkit (login required) for tele-infection control assessment and response (tele-ICAR) consultations includes training tools, sample letters, a standard operating procedure, e-mail templates, tele-ICAR with and without scripts, a tracking tool, and other resources. If you have questions about the toolkit, the REDCap database, or setting up a tele-ICAR team in your jurisdiction, please contact the CDC Tele-ICAR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CDC's COVID-19 Outpatient Hemodialysis Facilities Toolkit (login required) was created as a resource for HAI/AR programs to assist outpatient hemodialysis facilities to respond to COVID-19. The toolkit contains resources such as information about IPC practices, assessment tools, sample communications, and links to online content.
CORHA Principles and Practices for Outbreak Response
CORHA HAI-AR Outbreak Investigation and Response Tracking System