Resources and Products
Explore topics by clicking on one of the bubbles below.
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE)
- Clostridioides difficile (C.diff)
- Data Management
- Dialysis Settings
- Drug Diversion
- Epidemic Keratoconjunctivitis (EKC)
- Medical Products
- Nontuberculous Mycobacteria (NTM)
- Patient Notification
Legionnaires’ disease is a serious type of pneumonia (lung infection) caused by Legionella bacteria. Outbreaks are commonly associated with buildings or structures that have complex water systems, including healthcare facilities like nursing homes and hospitals.
- CDC’s Things to Consider: Healthcare-associated Cases and Outbreaks website provides guidance for responding to healthcare-associated cases and outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease, including: an outline of investigation steps; information on case finding, environmental assessment, and immediate control measures; and communications resources